[Mailman-Users] URLs incorrect on private mailing list archive index pages

Andy Smith andy at strugglers.net
Thu Nov 27 07:27:54 CET 2003

On Thu, Nov 27, 2003 at 06:20:19AM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> When I go to http://lists.example.com/private/listname/ I get the
> archive by-month overview page as expected, but the links miss out
> the list name and do not work.  For example, one link might be
> http://lists.example.com/private/2003-November/thread.html when I
> expect the list name between the "/private/" and the
> "/2003-November".

Okay, I just noticed something.  What I said above is not completely
true; it only happens when I go to
http://lists.example.com/private/listname (note no trailing slash!).
I guess I was trying to be too clever and going directly to what I
thought was the archive index without using the link provided on the
listinfo page.

I can look up some mod_rewrite incantation but if anyone has a few
minutes to tell me the best way to automatically redirect one to the
other in apache 1.3.28 I would be appreciative.  I know this will
bug me until I do that.

Apologies for the premature bug report!