[Mailman-Users] Easy Install Instructions for Mailman and (exim, postfix or sendmail)

Mike Gifford mike at openconcept.ca
Tue Nov 25 19:55:49 CET 2003

Hello,

I've got a pretty vanilla Red Hat install and am trying to get Mailman
set up, but I'm stumbling on getting a mail program up running so that I
can receive mail.

I've started to install exim (but their docs are overly complicated).
Sendmail & postfix were installed, but not properly configured.  I've
heard about nightmares with sendmail configs.

I'd prefer to use an rpm, but red hat doesn't have an exim rpm out
there.

A year or two ago i set up mailman & exim on another site, but its been
too long (and that was a lot of work to set that up at the time).  There
must be an easier way to do this now.

Any pointers would be appreciated..

Mike
--