[Mailman-Users] Problem with localhost.localdomain

Jim McCarty soob at macosx.com
Mon Nov 24 07:20:07 CET 2003

Sasa,

Check the output when running ./configure, looking for "checking for
default mail host name" and "checking for default URL host component" -
on my system, they gave me the resolved hostname for my dynamic IP
address (blah.client.attbi.com) instead of my domain. It was using the
attbi address for web page links (like to the list archive).

I added --with-mailhost=domain and --with-urlhost=www.domain to the
./configure command and that corrected the problem. Now those links
reference my domain name instead.

HTH, Jim

--
"Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a
mistake when you make it again."