[Mailman-Users] dead in the water

Brett Dikeman brett at cloud9.net
Fri Nov 21 03:27:28 CET 2003

At 10:22 AM +1030 11/21/03, Dat Bui wrote:
>sorry, i should've said that this happens to me too.
>doesn't hurt to try editing your Defaults.py or mm_cfg.py and try upping
>the outgoing qrunners :)
>
>stop then start the mailmanctl

So the saga ends- the system is Gentoo-based, and the build script
apparently hosed my mm_cfg.py.  Thankfully I was concerned this might
happen and had done a backup of the entire mailman directory just in
case.

I restored the config file, but things still didn't work- so finally
in disgust and to start fresh, I blew away ALL the queued messages(rm
-rf is very therapeutic) and logs, along with everything queued in
defer for postfix.

Tada, it works.  We lost a couple hours worth of messages, but people
will live- we were down for two weeks previously.

I appreciate the help from those of you who wrote back with
suggestions- thank you.

Brett
PS:as part of all this, I found 2.1.3 was not on any gnu sites.  I
believe Barry has fixed/is about to fix this.
--
----
http://www.users.cloud9.net/~brett/