[Mailman-Users] It's Yahoo's fault

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Tue Nov 18 05:17:15 CET 2003

       A while back I mentioned that some of my digests are getting posts
which have a second post, including full headers, tacked onto them.  I have
now tracked this to the way Yahoo is sending two part mail.  Each of the
examples below is of a Yahoo message as it appeared in the preview screen
for pending messages.  The opening <DIV> is backed up to the end of the
plain text without so much as a space.  I am stripping html from my list,
and the html is removed, but in the digest mbox this results in the next
message starting where the tag opener for the div is.  Then when the digest
is send, that second message is appended to the first, with headers and all.
      There is no problem in the archives, I assume because a break is
entered after each message.  Any idea on how to hack mailman to deal with
this Yahoo blunder is appreciated.

---------

Do you Yahoo!?
Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard<DIV>That's pretty
funny!&nbsp; We have 8 kids, and the older four have had the clinical

---------

Do you Yahoo!?
Protect your identity with Yahoo! Mail AddressGuard<DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px;
BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">
<P><BR><BR>Hello Ladies,<BR>Question 1.

--------

<>< Paul