[Mailman-Users] https

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Fri Nov 7 16:46:24 CET 2003

On Friday, November 7, 2003, at 02:20  pm, Paolo De Riso wrote:

>> With MM 2.1.x, the links from the HTML messages in archives to
>> extracted attachments are generated as absolute URLs based on the list
>> settings at the time the message was archived.
>>
>> The only solution if you change anything (scheme or host that affects
>> these URLs) is to run bin/arch.
>
> So you say to use first:
> $prefix/bin/withlist -l -r fix_url <listname> and then use 'arch'.
> Can I just make a copy of <listname>.mbox in some other place and run
> $prefix/bin/arch mylist /path/to/<listname>.mbox
> without moving or touching the original files in archives?
> I don't know what the command 'arch' really does ...

If you run $prefix/bin/arch --help it will print its usage. If you run:

$prefix/bin/arch --wipe <listname>

arch will first delete and then reconstruct the archives under
$prefix/archives/private/<listname/ using the contents of the mailbox
file $prefix/archives/private/<listname>.mbox/<listname>.mbox. You can
tell it to use other mbox files; see the commands usage.