[Mailman-Users] Administrator - always able to post?

Allan Trick atrick at prin.edu
Fri Nov 7 14:07:20 CET 2003

Hi,

I assumed that if someone's an administrator, they'd be able to post to a
list.  However, if they're also a member of the list, and the "Mod" bit is
checked, then their messages are moderated like everyone else's, and they
must approve their own posts before they go out.  (This is an announcement
list and by default members can't post to it.)

Do I have a correct understanding?  Admins must specifically also have
"Mod" unchecked to freely post?  Or does it sound like something might be
wrong in my setup?

Thanks,

Allan