[Mailman-Users] Can't post to list

Foo, Randy randy.foo at hp.com
Wed Nov 5 02:14:03 CET 2003

Hi,

Another newbie question:
 Red Hat 9,
apache web server 2.0.47,
Mailman 2.1.2.  compiled from both apache.org and the mailman site
source.
Sendmail is the MTA

I've created a list called "connery," through the web interface, but
cannot post to it.  I entered the aliases for the list into
/etc/aliases, and ran newalias, and even tried putting an alias file in
at /etc/mail/aliases.  So far, I haven't even gotten a bounce message
when trying to post - it's like the mail went into a black hole.  I
presume the mail servers are probably holding the mail and trying to
deliver repeatedly.

Sendmail 'seems' to be working, as the list creation mail went *out* ok,
but perhaps it's not receiving.  Not sure if this is a mailman issue.
Am also not versed in sendmail (who is? it's huge!)

Any help in fixing this is greatly appreciated.

Randy