[Mailman-Users] Removing Umbrella-Like List Approvals for Moderated List

Mark T. Valites valites at geneseo.edu
Mon Nov 3 22:19:47 CET 2003

(Please cc me on reply as I am not currently a list member...)

Here at my institution, I have one list that is periodically synched from
cron with all staff member e-mail addresses. Any request or subscription
attempt from a non-staff e-mail address is rejected. All posts to the list
must be approved.

The list setup has worked well for the last several years, but recently
some non-staff members are interested in some of the list content.

The folks in places higher than I mandated the creation of a second list,
which is a member of and should receive all posts to the first list, and
not allow any other posts. Anyone is welcome to subscribe to this list.
Passwd reminders are disabled for the first list in case anyone is
wonders...

I'm trying with very little success to make any messages approved from the
first (parent) list make their way to all members of the second (child)
list without any intervention from the moderator. I've set up a simple
regex to accept any posting from a non-member address within my domain and
also a line for the motherlist-request-l address, but still no go... I've
even go to far as to set 'generic_nonmember_action' to 'accept', but I
continue to get mail to the moderator telling me the message is being held
for approval. More specifically, I get: