[Mailman-Users] Newlist Automation scripts

Simon White simon at caperet.com
Tue Nov 4 09:46:41 CET 2003

03-Nov-03 at 17:09, Kory Wheatley (wheakory at isu.edu) wrote :
> I left out some details from my last message about creating a list
> automatically from a file with no manual process involved.
>
> I'm running Mailman 2..1.2 on RED HAT 9 using postfix.  I've setup
> postfix to automatically add the new mailing lists attributes to be
> configured in the alias file with the instruction provided in the
> install of mailman 2.0, so that portion is already accomplished for
> automation.
> I just need the rest automated.

Here's what I have:

- A couple of scripts in PHP for automatic subscribe/unsubscribe on web
  pages, without the whole confirmation / password thing (you can use
  them on a site that isn't even hosted on the same machine as Mailman
  if you use a bit of ncftpput/rsync to get the files up over to the
  Mailman machine)
- A couple of bash scripts to take the files generated by the PHP
  scripts and each night subscribe and unsubscribe those people in the
  list and report by email success / failure

However the list creation part I always do manually.

Let me know if the rest is any use to you...

Regards,

--
Simon White. Internet Consultant, Linux/Windows Server Administration.
email, dns and web servers; php javascript perl asp; MySQL MSSQL Access