[Mailman-Users] DNS/Sendmail issue upon install

colleen at sdo.net colleen at sdo.net
Thu May 29 23:50:34 CEST 2003

Greetings everyone!

I am running mailman-2.0 on Redhat Linux 7.3.

I have successfully installed mailman onto my server. I have sucessfully
added an admin and a few users through the web interface to a test list.
Unfortunately, when I try to send an email on the list, I get this:

The original message was received at Thu, 29 May 2003 14:39:39 -0700
from apache at localhost

<test2 at sdo.net>
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 User unknown)

550 5.1.1 <test2 at sdo.net>... User unknown

Mailman is sending mail out to users who subscribe, but the list itself is
not operational. Is there a particular default setting I should look at?

Thanks!
Colleen