[Mailman-Users] No aliases after creating a list

Tentra List Support mm at tentra.com
Tue May 27 03:36:23 CEST 2003

Mailman 2.1.2 adds more aliases and this is what the list creation email
should look like:

The mailing list `test' has been created via the through-the-web
interface.  In order to complete the activation of this mailing list, the
proper /etc/aliases (or equivalent) file must be updated.  The program
`newaliases' may also have to be run.

Here are the entries for the /etc/aliases file:

test:              "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
test-admin:        "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman admin test"
test-bounces:      "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman bounces test"
test-confirm:      "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman confirm test"
test-join:         "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman join test"
test-leave:        "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman leave test"
test-owner:        "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman owner test"
test-request:      "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman request test"
test-subscribe:    "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe test"
test-unsubscribe:  "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe test"

David Blomquist
Principal, Tentra IT Solutions