[Mailman-Users] redhat 9 mailman rpm broken?

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Tue May 20 18:45:16 CEST 2003

Eliot wrote:
>further to the below, I have the same problem on Redhat 9.0. But I don't think
>it's a broken dependency on a python rpm, because I have the following
>installed  already:
>
>[root at czss i386]# rpm -qa | grep python
>python-2.2.2-26
>python-optik-1.4-2
>python-devel-2.2.2-26
>rpm-python-4.2-0.69
>mod_python-3.0.1-3

      There can be multiple installs of python on a system (mine came with
2 and I've added one), and I would guess the rpm hooks up to the default
version.  Use the command:

# which python

      If it returns "/usr/bin/python" go into /usr/bin/ and compare that
default's file size with the file size of the installs with version numbers
to figure out which one is called as default.

<>< Paul