[Mailman-Users] bin/arch error

Greg Westin python.org at gregwestin.com
Tue May 20 03:41:44 CEST 2003

Hello,

I was just editing some archives, and when I tried to rebuild two of
them I got a message like the one below.  Can anyone help me understand
what's going on here?  I made basically the same edits to all the
archives, but only got this error for two of them.

Pickling archive state into
/home/mailman/archives/private/hospital-list/pipermail.pck
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "bin/arch", line 187, in ?
     main()
   File "bin/arch", line 175, in main
     archiver.processUnixMailbox(fp, start, end)
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 544, in
processUnixMailbox
     m = mbox.next()
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/mailbox.py", line 34, in next
     return self.factory(_Subfile(self.fp, start, stop))
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Mailbox.py", line 79, in scrubber
     return mailbox.scrub(msg)
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Mailbox.py", line 99, in scrub
     return self._scrubber(self._mlist, msg)
   File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 252, in
process
     payload = part.get_payload(decode=1)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/email/Message.py", line 189, in
get_payload
     return Utils._bdecode(payload)
   File "/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/email/Utils.py", line 75, in
_bdecode
     value = base64.decodestring(s)
   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.2/base64.py", line 44, in decodestring
     return binascii.a2b_base64(s)
binascii.Error: Incorrect padding

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Greg