[Mailman-Users] SLOW Mailmans delivery

Kory Wheatley wheakory at isu.edu
Sat May 17 06:34:06 CEST 2003

Is there a way to slow down the delivery of Mailman to the subscribers
of all my Mailing lists? We have one list that has 16,000 subscribers to
one domain, all these accounts are on our mail server. Every time a
message is sent out from this list, it really causes the load on our
mail server to be high. Currently our Mail server is on a powerful 3
processor HPUX 11 NClass server with 2GB of RAM.  Mailman 2.1.1 is on a
Red Hat 8 Pentium 600mhz, using Postfix as the MTA.

I have Postfix setup to do slow delivery to this domain (isu.edu), but
that doesn't seem to help. I also lowered the   SMTP_MAX_RCPTS =  to 3,
thinking that might help.

Postfix is setup as:
In Main.cf
slow_destination_concurrency_limit = 1

In Master.cf
slow    unix    -       -       y       -       -       smtp

In Transport
isu.edu           slow:

Any Suggestions like causing  the  smtp process to pause after sending
out a boat load of messages and then resume again.

Kory Wheatley