[Mailman-Users] Mandrake 9.1 / ImportError - addendum

Oliver Egginger Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de
Tue May 13 18:47:14 CEST 2003

I wrote:

> Hello Richard, hello all,
>
> You wrote:
> > The only difference between execution of the python instance running
> > mailmanctl and the execl'd python instance is the -S option on the latter
>

> I would like to agree but here is what I (among other things) did.

The significant difference between

<     os.execl(exe, exe, rswitch, '-s')
 and
>     os.execl(mm_cfg.PYTHON, 'qrunner', exe, rswitch, '-s')

is, that in the former case the python interpreter don't get called
explicitly.
In the original line the interpreter gets called explicit from os.execl.

Seemingly the resulting processes lives in different enviroments.
Depending on the wise how the programm gets invoked.
(At least on my system.)

Do you think so?

- oliver