[Mailman-Users] Mandrake 9.1 / ImportError: No modulenamedgetopt

Oliver Egginger Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de
Tue May 13 17:59:52 CEST 2003

Hello Richard, hello all,

You wrote:
> The only difference between execution of the python instance running
> mailmanctl and the execl'd python instance is the -S option on the latter

I would like to agree but here is what I (among other things) did.

I changed the implied line 255 in the mailmanctl script.
See the the corresponding diff which follows.

------------------------------------------------------------------>
# diff mailmanctl mailmanctl.original
255c255
<     os.execl(exe, exe, rswitch, '-s')
---
>     os.execl(mm_cfg.PYTHON, 'qrunner', exe, rswitch, '-s')
------------------------------------------------------------------>

After doing that mailman (respective the qrunners) starts working!

But an (maybe) odd thing is, that when I start mailmanctl in
verbose mode I'am receiving messages like this one:

------------------------------------------------------------------>
Logging error: <StampedLogger to '/home/mailman/logs/error'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/MultiLogger.py", line 43, in write
    logger.write(msg)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/StampedLogger.py", line 73, in
write
    Logger.write(self, "%s %s" % (prefix, msg))
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Logging/Logger.py", line 88, in write
    msg = unicode(msg, self.__encoding)
SystemError: codec module not properly initialized
Original log message:
# clear __builtin__._
------------------------------------------------------------------>

But independent from that thing it seems to work normal.
I can't test the whole program but the normal list processing don't
cause any problems, as yet.

Three questions:

1. How can it be that my flubs works and the original line not
(under ML 9.1)?
2. Are the "Logging error" messages from the verbose mode dangerous?
3. It is risky to bring mailman in this state into production?

- oliver

--
Oliver Egginger <Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de>
Giessen-Friedberg University of Applied Sciences