[Mailman-Users] Mandrake 9.1 / ImportError: No module namedgetopt

Oliver Egginger Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de
Tue May 13 12:08:26 CEST 2003

Hello again,

It seems that it is caused by the line 255 from mailmanctl:

os.execl(mm_cfg.PYTHON, 'qrunner', exe, rswitch, '-s')

When I start the qrunners manually everything seems to work
fine. But I can't use the mailmanctl script.

I think the reason is, that the python enviroment variables
are not set properly during the call of os.execl.
But I don't know why.
(I'am no phyton developer.)

Also it seems that this only happens under some Mandrake and
RedHat distributions.

When I write a little test python script I can import getopt
and other stuff smoothly.

The qrunner script works also fine when it don't get invoked by
an os.execl call.

- oliver

--
Oliver Egginger <Oliver.Egginger at dvz.fh-giessen.de>