[Mailman-Users] making shunting faster

Sumeet sumeetp at hotmail.com
Tue May 13 08:33:59 CEST 2003

I've got over 3000 messages waiting to be shunted and Mailman likes to take
it's time. Does anyone feel like addressing replacing:
File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/Scrubber.py", line 305, in process
    t = unicode(t, 'ascii', 'replace').encode('ascii')
UnicodeError: ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

with
t=unicodet, 'ascii', 'ignore').encode('ascii')

Is anyone of the opintion that that will make things more reasonable for me?
Do I just change the line in Scrubber.py or do i need to recompile
mailman/python afterwards? Please let's discuss