[Mailman-Users] Disaster in hosting land

Willie McKemie mckemie at access4less.net
Tue May 6 22:48:17 CEST 2003

For sometime I've been uncomfortable not being able to conveniently
extract a list of subscribers from mailman.  Recently, my hosting
service apparently moved me to a new server.  They did not tell or warn
me what was happening.  They apparently configured my MailMan lists
with an old backup.  I just became aware that my MailMan lists were
in a mess:

1) new subscribers were missing from the list
2) people that had been un-subscribed were back on the list
3) archives are missing
4) passwords have reverted to old values

The hosting service (dzones.com) has told me NOTHING.  I can't even
find out what date the current situation corresponds to.

Now, I am tasked with extracting whatever data I can and then finding a
new hosting service.  I don't think I want to use MailMan again.  I
have identified two hosting services that use Majordomo.

Does anyone have any advice for me?  Can I manage Majordomo lists via
ftp?

--
Willie, ashamed that dixie chicks are from Austin