[Mailman-Users] Simple Setup

Ernest Christley echristley at nc.rr.com
Mon May 5 23:07:21 CEST 2003

I've been banging my head on the wall, trying to figure a simple way to
configure a small mailing list for a small group.  I never expect it to
grow over a couple hundred users.

It's so small, that right now I just do it manually.  I have KMail
configured to get the mail from my ISP.  I then forward it to everyone
on the list.  Of course this ugly hack give me the problems of dealing
with bounced mail and makes archiving a horrendous headache.

So I'd like an extremely simple agent to grab the mail from the POP
server, do some mailing list stuff, and then send the appropriate output
to the SMTP server.  I don't want to have to set up my own mail servers
if at all possible.

There are some programs that are this simple to set up under Windows,
and I'm sure that it can be done in Mandrake Linux (which is my box that
stays up all the time).  It would just seem to be a matter of documentation.

Can MailMan be used in such a simple configuration?  Is there a
mini-Howto that can explain the setup process?  If someone can explain
the process, I'm willing to write a mini-Howto as I work through it.

--
----Because I can----
http://home.nc.rr.com/deltabuilder