[Mailman-Users] Changes to archive pages

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.demon.co.uk
Fri May 2 00:42:23 CEST 2003

 From what I can see from the source code, template caching is only done
for templates that are used by MM's internal archiver for archive generataion.

The templates that you can edit through the web GUI do not fall into this
category so there is no need to refresh the cache contents after
thru-the-web-GUI editing of templates by using mailman restart or any other
means.

At 20:11 01/05/2003, Paul H Byerly wrote:
>Richard Barrett wrote:
>>Paul Byerly wrote:
>>>Also, changes to the file are picked up WITHOUT a mailmanctl restart, as
>>>is the case with other template changes.
>>
>>This is a side effect rather than a deliberate attempt to avoid
>>mailmanctl restarts after making template changes.
>>
>>You do not want to rely on it as it will only happen under rather
>>specific circumstances.
>
>      So it does.  I assume that when one edits the public HTML pages from
> the web interface it does a restart automatically?

Being paranoid, I harbour a dark suspicion that it may not. But I'll take a
look at the MM source code to what the situation is. I feel another patch
or patch upgrade coming on.