[Mailman-Users] special characters in subscriber address

ljacobs lj at mandala-designs.com
Fri Mar 28 00:49:18 CET 2003

Alex --

Thanks again. I am running Mailman 2.1 with python 2.2.2 on a Red Hat 7.1 system. The syntax of your python script matched what I saw in the withlist example, but there must be something else that prevents me from deleting that address with the quotes.

I've been running Mailman for 3 years and I never had a subscriber with special characters in their address before. Nor have I had problems like I've experienced lately with this Mailman list: only a few members getting the mailings, irregular bounce messages, etc. Is the new version of Mailman allowing these special cahracters that were not possible with 2.0x?

I have rmlist that list and dumped the members editing the bad address and then added them into a new list. The archives were pretty limited and it is a moderator only-posting list.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

From: alex wetmore <alex at phred.org>
Date:  Thu, 27 Mar 2003 14:55:43 -0800 (PST)

Sent via the WebMessaging system at mandala-designs.com