[Mailman-Users] Mailman install on Debian problem.

Alex Salamon alex at neptune.ca
Thu Mar 27 17:07:24 CET 2003

I'm a bit of a newbie and am having problems figuring how to use
mailman.  I've installed mailman using apt-get and I'm trying to figure out
to which directory to create a symbolic link for apache.  I'm not entirely
sure that this is what I'm supposed to be doing, just that I've done it for
other software that I've installed.  The furthest that I've gone is to link
to /usr/lib/cgi-bin/mailman, but when I go to http://mydomain/mailman/admin
I get a page that has a bunch of japanese characters and some html.  The
html referes to a Mailman CGI Error.  Another part of the page says "The
expected gid of the Mailman CGI wrapper did not match the gid as set by the
Web server.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  So far the only help that
I've received is that Mailman is supposed to work out of the box, which
doesn't appear to be the case for me.  I even tried a dpkg ---purge on it
and then re-installing and still get the same results.

Thanks

Alex