[Mailman-Users] help

Matthew Davis matthew.davis at dogpound.vnet.net
Wed Mar 26 22:42:31 CET 2003

* Jane Garner (Jane.Garner at mail.state.ar.us) wrote:
> I am getting emails from subscribers wishing to be taken off of our serve list.  Do I take them off or what?  Also, new subcribers are wanting on the servelist.  How do I put them on the list?  I am totally new to this program and need a list of how-to-do's instructions.  Could you please email this list of step by step instructions?  Thank you!

You didn't really tell us anything about your installation, like which
mailman version.

The best place to start would be the documentation that comes with the
program.  The README, FAQ and README.* files wern't written just to take up
space.  They really are helpful.

You can either unsubscribe the users by going to the web admin interface
then the Member Management portion, and removing them from that page.  Or
you can teach them how to unsubscribe themselves (Give a man a fish, he'll
eat for a little bit, but teach him how to fish, and he'll eat forever....
ok maybe I'm butcherin the saying, but you know what I'm talking about..).

They can unsubscribe a number of different way, many of which are documented
in the documentation.

Then there's another good place to go and that's the FAQ.
http://www.list.org/faq.html
http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py

--
Matthew Davis
http://dogpound.vnet.net/

Never eat anything bigger than your head.