[Mailman-Users] Setup an announce list

Dallas Bethune dallas at dreamhost.com
Tue Mar 25 18:35:02 CET 2003

On Tuesday, March 25, 2003, at 08:32 am, Richard Barrett wrote:

>> We are a tiny bit cautious about upgrading from 2.0.13 to 2.1.1 on a
>> live system.
>>
>> Are there any problems, or advice on things to be careful of?
>>
>> Regards
>> Rod

My experience my be a little unique because I actually upgraded from
Mailman 1.1 to 2.1.1, but I did run into some problems.  About 1/3 of
my lists didn't upgrade properly for some reason so I ended up sort of
painfully reconstructing them from the information I did have.  I'd
suggest dumping the configurations of all your lists before you start
just to make sure recovery is relatively easy.

	Dallas