[Mailman-Users] Re: mailman + spamassassin

David Gibbs david at midrange.com
Wed Mar 12 16:16:35 CET 2003

"Jonas Meurer" <jonas at freesources.org> wrote in message
news:20030310200520.GB834 at freesources.org...
> Hello,
> I asked already two times, but no answer, now the third try ;)
> I have mailman set up from debian/testing (2.0.13), and spamassassin
> also. Now I would like to configure mailman to filter every incoming
> mail through spamassassin. I found this patch at sourceforge, but if I
> add SpamAssassin.py to mailman/Mailman/Handlers/, and patch
> mailman/Mailman/Handlers/HandlerAPI.py, mailman gives errors. What did I
> wrong? Is there any step-by-step howto?

The SpamAssassin code needs to be compiled, I think, before it will
activate.  If you just put the py file in the installed location, it doesn't
get compiled (into a pyc file).

I implemented the SA patch without a problem, but I put the patch in the
source directory and reinstalled the whole thing.

david