[Mailman-Users] Attachments WithOUT Extensions

Jeremy Butler jbutler at ua.edu
Fri Mar 7 01:03:21 CET 2003

I've set up content filtering on Mailman 2.1.1 mainly to catch attachments,
BUT I do want to accept some attachments--particularly Word documents.

My problem?  Some of my subscribers--Mac users--send in attached files
withOUT extensions and with spaces in the file names.  For example, a file
might be named

May Meeting Notes

Mailman does not seem to like this.  I've currently set "Action to take
when a message matches the content filtering rules" to "Forward to List
Owner," but in testing I've done, the messages are neither forwarded or
returned to the sender.  They just seem to disappear.

Any advice?

Jeremy Butler
jbutler at ua.edu