[Mailman-Users] Investigating Mailman and have several requests

G Halley george at holylandtrust.org
Thu Mar 6 18:52:14 CET 2003

Howdy!

Currently we are using a perl based mailing list manager.  A recent
hardware change has made it appealing to use Mailman, but I would like
to investigate its features more fully.  If you can help, please email
me directly at GHHalley at earthlink.net

1)  How much control does the list-owners have through the web
interface?  Does someone have a dead list which I can use to look at
the  configuration webpages?

2)  Is the database of user names, emails, and passwords internal, or
do I need MySql or another database up and running?  If so, (I have no
Linux database experience) how complex is the setup?

Peace,
George

And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from his love.
Death can't, and life can't.  The angels can't, and the demons can't.
 Our fears for today, our worries about tomorrow, and even the powers
 of hell can't keep God's love away.  Whether we are high above the
 sky or in the deepest ocean, nothing in all creation will ever be
 able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ
 Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:38+ NLT