[Mailman-Users] Sendmail 8.12.8 and Mailman

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Mar 5 02:55:48 CET 2003

Kevin Carlson wrote:

> Today I upgraded to sendmail 8.12.8 and afterward smrsh seemed to stop
> working.  Prior to the upgrade everything worked fine.
> I still have smrsh installed, it is still enabled in the sendmail.cf
> file and there is still a symbolic link in /etc/smrsh called 'wrapper'
> that points to /home/mailman/mail/wrapper.
>
> The error I am receiving is:
> smrsh: "wrapper" not available for sendmail programs (stat failed)
> 554 5.0.0 Service unavailable
>
> I am at a loss for this since the files are all still in place.  Does
> anyone have any ideas?

    How did you upgrade?  /etc/smrsh isn't the default from
sendmail.org's source, which leads me to think you had a vendor supplied
binary installation.  If that's the case, then you should use the
vendor's update to upgrade sendmail.  However, since you seem to already
have installed 8.12.8, (and I'm assuming you grabbed the source from
sendmail.org), the default smrsh path is /usr/adm/sm.bin - which isn't
created for you.

--
W | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.