[Mailman-Users] spam filtering?

Jeff Warnica jeffw at chebucto.ns.ca
Fri Jun 27 20:44:48 CEST 2003

One would beleive, according to the front page of list.org, that mailman
has integrated spam filters. Reading through the documentation and a bit
of the source Im not quite sure how that is defined. Years ago I asked
what "hooks for external (web) archivers" meant and was told that you can
set up and alias ala "|/path/to/archiver".... So I read that feature list
with a very large grain of salt.

Here at a local communiy net majordomo has been in use for years and
years. At some time in the past some custom spam filters were installed,
and the list owners had the choice of having triggered mail bounced to
them (for approval) or silently thrown away.

What I would like is to have a simmilar setup if/when we migrate to
Mailman.. All our incomming mail is being scanned by SpamAssassin, so all
that mailman would need to do is check headers and hold for approval (or
discard as an option) messages with an approiate spam score.

Is this possible, and if so how would I set this up?