[Mailman-Users] Messages being labeled as spam

Jaswinder S. Hayre jas at nysia.org
Mon Jun 23 21:17:52 CEST 2003

Guys,

We are using Mailman to send messages to a little more than 6000 members but
we are realizing a problem.  The messages which are delivered by Mailman
have no specific address in the To: field.  But instead it contains
something like listname at hostname.  Some spam filters label mail delivered in
this fashion as being spam.  This prevents our message from actually
reaching the end user even though we have an "opt-in" system.

Why does Mailman do this? And is there a way to have the To: field be the
actual address that the message is being delivered to?

Regards,
Jas