[Mailman-Users] Sendmail

Peter Russell prussell at mteliza.com.au
Wed Jun 18 03:24:37 CEST 2003

Further to my previous post, i have been reading the Defaults.py and see a
whole bunch of stuff about Sendmail. It seems like Sendmail isnt going to
work out of the box with MM unless some changes are made?

OR should i leave everything alone, and MM will send smtp email directly,
without using sendmail and just use sendmail for inbound mail?

This software is very confusing - is there a straight forward "this is how
you make Mailman work in Red Hat 9" doco around anywhere, if i could follow
sokme clear doco i could probably do this, but i cant even find any doco on
red hat, either on the machine or on the website.

SHould i be able to
1. INstall red hat - choose sendmail, apache and mailman RPMS
2. Bootup fresh - config sendmail, start apache, create a list and send and
recieve list email?
OR what are the steps to achieve this?

Apprecaite ANY help
Pete

you are not the addressee (or responsible for delivery of the message to
the addressee), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such
a case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by
reply e-mail. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message
that do not relate to the official business of my employer shall be