[Mailman-Users] Upgrade to version 2.1 - latency on processing incoming messages

Ray Gardener R.A.Gardener at shu.ac.uk
Mon Jun 16 17:25:00 CEST 2003

Richard,

the logs indicate that posts are being accepted into the mailman in queue
within a minute from being sent by the MUA.  From the mailman post logs I
can see the messages being sent by out mailman, after which they arriving in
the mailing list members mailbox within a minute. So the majority of the
wait seems to be in the mailman system rather than in the surrounding mail
systems. (Running "qrunner -r Incoming" invariably causes the  mail to much
more quickly.) However I do notice that there is a gap between the time the
message arrives in the in queue and it getting logged in the post log that
accounts for much of the delay
 I can see currently, files in the qfiles/in directory that have been there
for 15 minutes without anything logged for them in either the post or smtp
logs.