[Mailman-Users] security on an announce-only list

Jeroen Valcke jeroen.valcke at belnet.be
Mon Jun 16 10:31:23 CEST 2003

Hello,

I created an announce-only list. To do this in 'Privacy section' I set
the moderation on, the poster receives a rejection notice which explains
that this is an announce-only list.

In 'membership management' I disabled moderation for people who should
be able to send msgs to the list.

There is however a potential problem with this approach. Suppose that
the pc of one of these authorized posters gets infected with a virus.
The virus could propagate on the list.

Or somebody could pretend to be an authorized posters by spoofing the
from address and the msg would be distributed on the list.

I would like to activate an alternate moderation action for the members
who are allowed to post to the list.

However I don't immediately see a way to implement this. Any ideas? How
are you handling this?

Thanks in advance,
Best regards,
-Jeroen-