[Mailman-Users] 403 Forbidden error accessing public archives

Ronald van Engelen ronalde at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 12 02:19:05 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm getting the infamous 403 Access Forbidden error trying to access my
public archives.

I've read the faq and the README files but can't find my error. I'm
using  mailman 2.1.2-1 from Debian unstable with apache 1.3.27.0-1.

In mm_cfg.py I have:

PRIVATE_ARCHIVE_URL = '/mailman/private'
PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = '/pipermail'

My relevant section in http.conf reads:

Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public>
  Options FollowSymLinks
  Order allow,deny
  Allow from all
</Directory>

The directories in /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/ are default
symlinks to /var/lib/mailman/archives/private/

The permissions on the archive-directories in the latter are:
drwxrwsr-x    5 www-data list

On the index.html file:
-rw-rw-rw-    1 www-data list

I hope anybody can help.