[Mailman-Users] mailman-htdig integration patch update

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Sat Jun 7 00:56:18 CEST 2003

Following input from and a fine diagnosis of a problem by Barry Shaw
<baz at scms.waikato.ac.nz> I have uploaded to sourceforge an update to my
mailman-htdig integration patch #444884 as file htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch.gz:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=300103&aid=444884&group_id=103

The problem was introduced with patch version htdig-2.1.1-0.2.patch.gz.

It does not affect MM 2.0.x versions of the patch.

The problem is only visible if you are not using the http scheme (typically
because you are using https) in the URLs for accessing Mailman.

In that case, htdig archives searches lead to mmsearch.py reporting an
error citing the "<listname>" and "<listname>.htaccess" in the output.

Luckily, or maybe unluckily, the problem is not visible with http URLs
which is why I missed it. The fault is present but does manifest any
undesirable effects

Sorry for the sloppy testing. Hopefully I won't have broken anything else
fixing this latest problem. Let me know if you spot any other problems with
the patch.