[Mailman-Users] Messages not being sent

Paul Smith paul at cnt.org
Wed Jun 4 22:32:26 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm running Mailman 2.1.1 on a FreeBSD 4.8 server, with Sendmail as the
MTA. It's installed from the Ports collection. We've been experiencing
a problem were a user posts to a list, and the message is not delivered
right away. From the mail logs, we can see that the post is being
processed by the mailman executable, and the post is added to the
archives. However, the post does not actually seem to get delivered. We
discovered this after restarting the qrunners from an init script:
suddenly, a whole bunch of posts went out, as if they had been queued
for later delivery.

In fact, for important broadcast posts, we've gotten in the habit of
manually restarting the qrunners to make sure they go out. Mailman logs
show no errors that would seem to apply to this situation.

Any advice? What should I be looking for? Is there a way to periodic
force the queue to be delivered?

Cheers,

Paul

--