[Mailman-Users] Attachments Possible?

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Thu Jul 31 03:00:42 CEST 2003

chasm wrote:
>... I am still looking for a single switch to turn off all
>attachments.  If Yahoo, using
>this same software although blended with EZMLM and a mess of scripts, can do
>this one thing, then it should be able to be done by the programmers of this
>software.

      Mailman has been designed to be highly configurable.  The up side of
this is you can do things you could never do with Yahoo - for example if
you wanted to allow gifs but not jpegs you could do that.  The down side is
there is no "on/off" switchs for sets of parameters you or some other user
might want.
      Mailman is not Yahoo (thank God) and never will be (thank Him
again!).  If you want brain dead software that makes it easy to pick from
it's very limited choices, there are plenty of services that will give you
that - along with the ads to pay for it.  If you are willing to do a bit
more work, you can tailor Mailman for what ever your needs are.  It's your
choice.

<>< Paul