[Mailman-Users] problems with mailman on apache2

Shane Hickey shane at howsyournetwork.com
Tue Jul 29 22:26:48 CEST 2003

On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 21:09:24 +0100
Richard Barrett <r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk> wrote:

> You do not say what URL is yielding the response or which version of
> Mailman you are running.

I apologize for the lack of information.  I'm running Mailman version
2.1.2, installed from a Gentoo ebuild.  The list name that I have
working, currently is named"list". I know, I know, really imaginative.
Anyway, when I got to/mailman/admin/list then I get the error "No such
list list".  It also says that there are no publicly-advertised Mailmain
mailing lists on my server.

> Does the "No such list" response have the name of the list you are
> trying to access embedded in it?

Yup.. sorry about that.  See above.

> Do you get what appears to be sensible results from the /mailman/admin
> and /mailman/listinfo pages?

Both of these pages tell me that there are no publicly-advertised
Mailman mailing lists on my server.

> Do you get "No such list" when following links from the /mailman/admin
> and /mailman/listinfo pages?

All the links bring me to a variation of the same page saying that there
are no publicly-advertised lists.

--
Shane Hickey <shane at nerddiary.org>: Nerd
http://www.nerddiary.org