[Mailman-Users] Problems with user rights

Christian Schoepplein mail at schoeppi.net
Sat Jul 26 15:59:04 CEST 2003

Hello!

After adding some virtual hosts to mm_cfg.py and restartting mailman, I
get the following problems with the user rights for mailman and postfix:

---
This is the Postfix program at host www.as-2.de.

below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

delete your own text from the message returned below.

			The Postfix program

<blindzeln-mod at as-2.de>: Command died with status 2:
    "/usr/lib/mailman/mail/mailman post blindzeln-mod". Command output: Group
    mismatch error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be executed as
    group "nogroup", but the system's mail server executed the mail script as
    group "mailman".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as group
    "nogroup", or re-run configure,  providing the command line option
    `--with-mail-gid=mailman'.
---

I ran check_perms but no problems where shown..., before adding the
virtual hosts everything worked fine.

what can I do, to solve this problem? I know that I could reconfigure
and reinstall mailman, but what about the old lists an configurations?
Will they be deleted after a new installation? How shuld I reinstall
mailman to have the right userrights?

Apache is running as user wwwrun an group nogroup, postfix runs as user
postfix and group maildrop...

Thanks for any hint!

Ciao,
Schoeppi