[Mailman-Users] Read Only List

Abigail Marshall abigail at webfavor.com
Fri Jul 25 00:22:21 CEST 2003

Hello Jeanne,

JS> On the Membership Management page, set everyone's (except the one person who
JS> will be permitted to post to the mailing list) moderation bit to on.

Slight modification:  leave the moderation bit on for ALL
members. For the person(s) who have posting privileges, list
their email address(es) under
Privacy options/
Sender filters/
List of non-member addresses whose postings should be automatically accepted.

I think that's just easier to administer over time,
especially with a large list; also, it allows sending from a
non-subscribed address. Once set up, it is very easy to add
or change addresses in the small "non-member address" box,
and to quickly review to see who has posting privileges.

-Abigail