[Mailman-Users] Read Only List

Jeanne Schock techielists at regionalhelpwanted.com
Thu Jul 24 16:43:50 CEST 2003

Ed,

By read only, I assume you mean that you don't want people to be able to
post to the list. The way around this is to have all postings moderated, and
have all member's moderator bit set to ON. This will prevent anyone from
being able to post to the list.

On the Membership Management page, set everyone's (except the one person who
will be permitted to post to the mailing list) moderation bit to on. Make
sure all new members have the moderation bit turned on automatically. Then,
in privacy options, set "should new list member postings be moderated" to
Yes. You then have some options on how you want to deal with postings (such
as discarding the post all together, or rejecting it with some explanation).

Give that a try.

Jeanne