[Mailman-Users] administrative requests default action

Hal Huntley hal at sofdev.sri.com
Thu Jul 24 00:45:23 CEST 2003

I'm using Mailman 2.1.2 with Python 2.1.3 with Solaris 8.

I've seen a similar question on this list, but the answer was "get Mailman
2.1".

I have a list that gets more spam than legit email. I would like to have the
"Action to take on all these held messages" on the "admindb/<listname>" page
to have a default of "discard" instead of "defer". This way I can quickly
scan the "baddies" and then "submit all data" once I see they are all spam;
no clicking on the "Discard" radio button.

I don't want to use the Privacy Options -> Sender Filters option of:

 Action to take for postings from non-members for which no explicit action
 is defined.

to be "discard".  I know that the messages would come to me with the:

 Should messages from non-members, which are automatically discarded, be
 forwarded to the list moderator?

but I really don't want the messages automatically coming to me; I want the
member of my list to receive it if I click "Accept".

Right now, I also wish this behavior for one list only, not as a default for
all the lists that I have.

Thank you,

Hal Huntley
SRI International