[Mailman-Users] mass subscription

Rob Eckerson rob at regionalhelpwanted.com
Wed Jul 23 22:35:35 CEST 2003

I am just wondering if it is possible to 'cut out' a step in the subsccription process. I have 1,000's of opted in emails in a SQL database. These people have already said that they want to receive email from me. I can easily send them an email with a link to create a subscription email. But I don't want these people to have to go through the double opt in procedure. At least not until I can customize the subject line of the confirmation email. I am hoping to send out an invitation that all they have to do is respond  to it, and then they will receive the 'welcome' email from my list. Has anyone done something similar? I want to do this soon. The list has been active for 2 days and I already have over 500 subscribers. These people are also in my other database and therefore would receive an invite to a list that they already belong to.