[Mailman-Users] Confusion with archives and mailman

Tom Crummey tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 23 19:09:25 CEST 2003

Hello,

I'm having some problems with Mailman and archiving. I'm using Mailman 2.1.2
on Solaris 8 with a Netscape webserver and sendmail.

The problems are:

1) Attachments with archived postings in private archives are not sent with
   the correct content-type header. Attachments in public archives are OK.
   I guess this is because the public ones are handled directly by the
   web server whereas the private ones pass through Mailman in some way.
   Does anyone know how to fix this?

2) Private archives can be read by anyone who knows the correct URL.
   This is a permissions problem, but check_perms does not indicate
   any problems. Anyone any ideas on how to hide the private archives?

Thanks.

Tom.

 Tom Crummey, Systems and Network Manager,      EMAIL: tom at ee.ucl.ac.uk
 Department of Electronic and Electrical Engineering,
 University College London,                       TEL: +44 (0)20 7679 3898
 Torrington Place,                                FAX: +44 (0)20 7388 9325
 London, UK, WC1E 7JE.