[Mailman-Users] Re: Mail does not have recipient in To address

LuKreme (List User Kreme) kremels at kreme.com
Tue Jul 22 00:55:45 CEST 2003

On Monday, Jul 21, 2003, at 03:35 Canada/Mountain, Richard Barrett
wrote:
> On Monday, July 21, 2003, at 01:06 AM, LuKreme (List User Kreme) wrote:
>
>> On Wednesday, Jul 16, 2003, at 06:56 Canada/Mountain, Angel Gabriel
>> wrote:
>>> When mail gets sent out on my list, it doesn't have the recipients
>>> email
>>> address in the To field
>>
>> Of course it doesn't.  What makes you think it would?  the message is
>> not addressed to the recipient email address, it's addressed to the
>> LIST.
>>
>>> how can I change this?
>>
>> You don't.  Well, certainly not easily.
>>

> Not so with MM 2.1.2. Turning on full personalization on the
> non-digest options web admin GUI page for a list does the trick. The
> list then sends individual copies of posts to each subscriber with
> their email addresses in the To: header

My mistake then.  I had no idea of this "feature."<1>

<1> I would classify sending individual messages for a mailing list to
be a bug myself, but I can see how some misguided people might want
this behavior :)

--
Eyes the shady night has shut/Cannot see the record cut
And silence sounds no worse than cheers/After earth has stopped the