[Mailman-Users] virtualhost clarification

Thomas Schröer Thomas.Schroer at imbus.de
Sun Jul 20 12:24:51 CEST 2003

Hello,

I had a similar problem, even though the other way around (I wanted to have
the realhost "adr at host.domain.tld", but got only "adr at domain.tld"). Anyway,
in my case it was a "sendmail" problem. "sendmail" can be configured to
"masquerade" the host/domain, so that in every outgoing mail the address
is replaced by the setting of this option. Because "mailman" is delivering
any mail to the MTA (i. e. "sendmail"), this setting supersedes everything
that mailman is configured for.

As soon as I fixed this setting of sendmail, I got what I wanted as "From:"
address.

HTH

Tom