[Mailman-Users] Mailman & htdig integration patch

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Fri Jul 18 00:48:28 CEST 2003

On Thursday, July 17, 2003, at 03:12 PM, Rob Brandt wrote:

> I am attempting to apply Richard Barrett's htdig integration patch to
> my mailman
> 2.1.2 installation and am running into difficulties.
>
> The patch pages say that I need to apply the "Archive indexer control
> to improve
> index" before applying the htdig patch, and the Archive patch says I
> have to
> apply  bug fix patch #728836 first. But I can't find any reference to
> a #728836
> anywhere in the tracking system, including patches, bugs or feature
> requests.

Try looking here:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/
index.php?func=detail&aid=728836&group_id=103&atid=100103

> Has this been incorporated in 2.1.2?  I tried applying the Archive
> indexer patch
> directly, but it failed.

At times patches, including #728836, get included in the CVS in
preparation for the next MM release (2.1.3 I guess) and are marked as
closed although they are still necessary for the current stable release
(2.1.2 in the case of #728836). The patches are still on sourceforge.

The INSTALL.htdig-mm file in the #444884 patch contains the URLs of all
the necessary precursor patches on soruceforge. You can also view that
file content here:

http://www.openinfo.co.uk/mailman/patches/444884/install.html