[Mailman-Users] Command output: Failure to find group name mailman

Dr Patrick Atlas patrick.atlas at mg-france.fr
Fri Jan 31 15:23:38 CET 2003

Hello,

I have closely followed install instructions for mailman.

But when I try to send something I get this error:

<mailman at medsyn.org>: Command died with status 8:
    "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman". Command output: Failure
to find group name mailman
    Try adding this group to your system, or re-run
    configure, providing an existing group name with the command line option
    --with-mail-gid.

... but the 'mailman' group is really existing!! Mailman was created under
mailman:mailman.
Du I need to configure --with-mail-gid=mailman?

I cannot find anything in the FAQ, or the bugtracking.

My system: RedHat 8, Postfix 1.1.11, last release of Mailman, Apache 2.0,
python 2.2

Any idea?

------
Patrick Atlas